The Work Health and Safety Act 2020 and its suite of Regulations came into effect on the 31 March 2022, following considerable consultation with industry throughout Western Australia.
The laws are:
- Work Health and Safety Act 2020
- Work Health and Safety (General) Regulations 2022
- Work Health and Safety (Mines) Regulations 2022
- Petroleum (Submerged Lands) (Pipelines) Regulations 2022
- Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Safety Levies Regulations 2022
- Work Health and Safety (Petroleum and Geothermal Energy Operations) Regulations 2022.
The laws can be found at Work Health and Safety Act | Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (dmirs.wa.gov.au)
WorkSafe WA say ‘while it’s not compulsory for a small business to have a safety audit conducted by an independent occupational safety and health professional, the procedure displays an important message that you are strongly committed to workplace safety and health.’
Spring Safety Consultants are certified occupational safety and health professionals and approved by WorkSafe WA to conduct audits, we are committed to help small business. Call today to discuss your workplace needs.